Before I jump into sharing my adventure posts, I wanted to give a little update (yet again, it’s been a month) and get back into the swing of things with monthly goal-setting.
I use to share my monthly goals for some time, but just like many things, I just let it slip away. So here I am getting back into it!
- OCTOBER 12 | I turned 28 and it was a great birthday. My parents flew in for almost two weeks and spent it with me! We had friends come over and my parents decided to cater it all. Solid evening.
- We’re slowly putting all the pieces together to make it more like a home. It’s been pretty easy to convince the mister if we can buy this and that for our apartment.
- Back to more apartment stuff, my shelf is finally up, which is being used as a storage space since all my book crates are being used as an entertainment stand. We bought an area rug and king size mattress! Gosh, getting excited over an area rug and new mattress!
- Metro riding … makes me sick! Just like everything that moves, I get motion sick from riding the metro. It’s nothing horrible, but it’s enough for me to not enjoy riding it. It’s lame, I know because it’s such a useful form of transportation.
- Also (shameless plug), I was able to write a post for Military One Click about “5 Essential Tips for PCSing to Hawai’i“. It was such a fun post to write!
- DIYin up in here. The mister is currently working on building our entertainment stand, once that’s all put together, I’ll be staining it and getting it ready to be used.
- My desk. That’s my current DIY project and it’s in the process of being stained, drying has been a painfully slow process here because the weather is all over the place. We had weather in the 80s, yesterday! I’ve been using our island as my desk and I’m quite over it, hopefully by the end of the week, it’ll be put together.
- Schedule posts for the entire month of November. Maybe twice a week. Wish me luck!
- Explore our area more. We haven’t done this a whole lot except when my parents came to visit, that was my first time really checking out all the sights especially in D.C.
That’s all for my update and goals! Check back in on the blog for an adventure post about our road trip to D.C.